Sindhu Johnson, MD, FRCPC (Internal Medicine), FRCPC (Rheumatology)
Clinical Epidemiology Program,
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation,
University of Toronto
Originally from Newfoundland, Sindhu Johnson completed her undergraduate and medical school training at Memorial University of Newfoundland. She then moved to Toronto, where she completed her Internal Medicine Residency and Rheumatology Fellowship at the University of Toronto.
Johnson is currently pursuing a career in medical research. She is a member of the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons Clinician Investigator Program at the University of Toronto, and is currently working towards a PhD in Clinical Epidemiology in the Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation. Her research to date has focused on osteoarthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus and systemic sclerosis. She is currently supported by a joint fellowship award from The Arthritis Society of Canada and the Institute for Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA).
- Johnson SR, Gladman DD, Schentag CT. Autoantibodies in biologic agent naïve psoriatic arthritis patients. Annals of Rheumatic Disease. 2005; 64:770-772.
- Johnson SR, Hawker GA, Davis AM. The HAQ-DI and SHAQ in Scleroderma Trials: an evaluation of their measurement properties. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2005; 53(2):256-262.
- Johnson SR, Iazzetta J, Dewar C. Severe Raynaud’s with yohimbine therapy for erectile dysfunction. Journal of Rheumatology. 2003; 30(11):2503-2505.
- Johnson SR, Gladman DD, Urowitz MB, Ibanez D, Granton JT. Pulmonary hypertension in systemic lupus. Lupus. 2004; 13(7):506-509.
- Johnson SR, Harvey PJ, Floras JS, Iwanochko M, Ibanez D, Gladman DD, Urowitz MB. Impaired brachial artery endothelium dependent flow mediated dilation in systemic lupus erythematosus: preliminary observations. Lupus. 2004; 13(8):590-593.
- Johnson SR, Toms A, Lee P. Tophaceous gout: uncommon presentation of a common disease. Journal of Rheumatology. 2003; 30(4):863-864.